Monday 25 November 2013

End of November

I'm sorry I don't know where the last few weeks have gone. Time is just running a way.

On the 12th we had Madame Bishops birthday so we arranged a short programme for her and shared birthday cake as well, Diocesan staff and the children's centre.

On the 14th November is was Children's Day so the staff entertained the children and again music to dance to and special snack treats for them.

I am spending a lot of time arranging music as they play every week in the Cathedral and at present I am ensuring they have al the music they need through Christmas, Epiphany and they also have Harvest Festival in January until I am back.

Then again it will be extremely busy as the National Youth have a week here and they have been asked to play at the beginning and end of that and then it is Cultural Programme and thanksgiving.

I have two cellos now and Sanju and Jamuna are playing those. The shop that was supplying the cellos originally have not been able to do so, they were making them but had problems so now we have paid for three and they are on their way from a music shop in Mumbai, so I will only be one outstanding, but they should be here before I leave.

The weather is a nice temperature here now, slightly nippy mornings and evenings, but they think it is cold.

Last week I played an energetic game of basketball with the teenagers and have injure two fingers on my left hand so am not playing the violin at present while they heal. It is good for the children, I am conducting but they have to be able to do it without me in three weeks.

All the older ones in the Bengali and Hindi schools have their final year exams at present and Class 10 students have just had mock Board exams which they will take in February. The English medium children have internal assessments with end of year exams in February.

Oh well back to arranging harvest music!

No comments:

Post a Comment