Tuesday 15 April 2014

15th April

Happy New Year

Today is the Bengali New Year and it is the year 1421.

So a holiday for the children from school. At the moment they jut never seem to be in school. There was one day last week when all went to school except the 5 waiting for their Board exam results.

We are into Holy Week, on Sunday they processed from by the Hostel to the Cathedral waving palm leaves. On the Saturday afternoon evening many of the children had helped to decorate the cathedral and made all the palm crosses from the fresh palm leaves.

We are having services every day in the Cathedral so there has been a lot of music to prepare and to practice for this week.

The St Michaels children have all started in their new classes and the school has a new Principal so new homework regimes and they have different books to the ones that have been used for the past years except for maths. It is good to read some new stories.

This week I am having to start classes even earlier to get them all in as I cannot do a class at 6.00 p.m due to Cathedral Holy week services so making the day even longer.

Well just about lunchtime and then class 6 for the day before centre and evening service. I'll try and get some photos done this week too.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Ruth,
    I wanted to connect to your blog so I can keep up with the kids. I came with Shawnee & Betty Jo in February. I miss y'all. Please tell the kids that I miss them. I am Priti's sponsor. Tell her that I pray for her daily. Much Easter joy, Judi Gustafson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi

      Good to hear from you. I've finally managed another post. Life is just very busy but enjoyable. Also very hot. Next week I return to UK for 10 weeks. Let me have your email address and I will add you to my prayer newletter I do every month. My email rmmpugh@gmail.com.

      Raja and co looking forward to coming out next week.
      Ruth

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about difficulty posting on here. I seem to never get my password right. I've changed it 1/2 dozen times. What are you doing in England? Pleasure, I hope.

    ReplyDelete