Friday 28 March 2014

28th March 2014

Hi Folks

I really don't know where the time is going. But it seems to be flying past.

Last Friday I went with Rita Dutta and the five children that have done their Board Exams to the cinema and saw a Hindi movie. I could understand most of it as a lot of English in it and then just follow the acting.

Saturday morning I set off for St Michaels School after taking morning music classes with 12 St Michael Pupils to act as Guardian and collect all their report cards. Some have done well, others not so well but they have all been promoted to the next year, three with warnings though. Their were some strange looks from some parents as this white woman walked around the school with 12 Indian children. As I said to the children I will have to change the song to "twelve Little Indians".

Saturday evening I went out in the minibus with 11 of them to play a programme at a Pre Schools Annual Function.

It went well. Raja also came, he took the photo. We both asked to hand out certificates and medals for their prizes. The little ones danced and sang as well. I was not out in the green room with my musicians but the little children were fascinated by the instruments, especially the cello, which of course, even lying down was bigger them most of them - 2-4 year olds.

All the children bar two are off school at the moment so I have been doing mental arithmetic and tables with them to try to improve their maths and also written and spoken English. Next week the Bengali Medium schools go back and then they have a set of exams. St Michaels children start their new academic year on 7th April.

Hopefully life will quieten a little then as only the older five here and  work with them on reading and speaking English, using the computer and guitar.

The weather is getting hotter, I'm glad of AC at night. With fans the days are ok.

Sundays still seem to have big basketball matches, as well as cricket and badminton.

Here are a few photos that I haven't had time to put up before.


One Saturday and Sunday it was harvest the potatoes - so all hands to the potato field. Gradually the store room began to fill up.


Now some are being stored upstairs as well.


Sunday afternoons the children are also often playing on the play equipment by the Diocesan offices.

They have great fun.

As I said some of the older girls are learning guitar as we fill their time while they await their results.


Well everyone is arriving for centre time now - it will be very warm doing Taekwondo today. I think I will be sorting music in my room - cannot see the desk at present!!

No comments:

Post a Comment