Thursday 17 October 2013

More pictures

I'll continue where I left off yesterday, battery charged on computer this morning but had no internet for 3 hours, that's life here!


This is Priyanka and Priti with their mother and father and little sister. She always cries when she sees me. Rev Helga Cornal talking to them. Priyanka's father has ambitions for his daughter and wishes her to be a scientist. I've told her she needs to study hard, especially her maths as she got under 40% on her haf yearly report. So I need to give her some extra help.


This little boy, about 5 years old, in his mothers arms. He is unable to speak or walk. Raja does give the family a little help from the centre and we prayed for him while we were there. The mother was happy for us to do so.


Lots of the children came to talk to us, some are hostel children and others day scholars


This is Sunita, from the hostel, with her little sister Anjali, who is a day scholar and also goes to St Michaels so I help her with her homework with their mother and grandmother outside their house.

There  is a lemon tree there - with enormous lemons

One was picked for us to take back
We had it at lunch along with watermelon and papaya. It has a pink flesh and is not sharp and tart like a small lemon. There are many small lemons on the lemon tree in the compound, the children eat them green.


Manju with her mother, who is tiny outside their house. They came all the way back to the road with us and shook our hands and said goodbye.

It was very different from other times as now there is so much foliage and green around it looked very different. There were also muddy patches and we have had so much rain again in the last couple of days it makes me wonder what it is like now. The cathedral has a lake round it again!

Priti by one of the taps provided by the government with clean water for them. You can see how green it is.

As we came back some more of the children were leaving, some have journeys of up to six hours to reach their houses, by bus, train, walking, cycling and combinations thereof.


David and Philip leaving with their mothers.


The day before they left I had some of the boys in the music room with me, looking for more music from a film called Aashiqui 2 and here  I am trying to make sense of the tab I found and them telling me if I am playing it right. I had already transcribed one song "Tum Hi Ho" which they are playing on the violin.

This I did on Tuesday but internet and power problems I didn't get it posted so here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment