Thursday 16 January 2014

January 17th 2014

I arrived safely back on Wednesday 15th in the evening. As the car stopped the gate of the hostel opened and the children came flooding out and surrounded me. They were very excited to see me again and tell me their news.

They are playing very well and have done a wonderful job over the Christmas period playing in the cathedral and at other events.

This morning I did a cello class with four of the cellists, two had started but as the cellos arrived 3 days after left in December another two started this morning and Philip will start later today.

Their appetite to learn and to play is still as high as ever and so they have learnt a new piece "I'm special" to pay during communion this week, the hymns are all ones they have played before. W
e have also started to practice the pieces they will be playing for the Cultural programme when I shall have 30 of them play together, the younger beginners also playing.

There are three new children in the hostel now as well so when I have the Thanksgiving weekend over I will also start them on the violin. I brought across a 1/4 size violin for little Papu and he is very pleased. It so much easier for him to hold and play than the 1/2 size.

Tomorrow morning I will try and remember to unpack my camera and take some photos of them playing the cello. So I am straight back into all the classes and centre activities.

More info later and pictures hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment